today I will be at the opening of Profile: it will be the brand new catalogue of our exhibition
curated by Elena Privitera and Marco Filippa
I worked on myself to trace a profile, as image and words. This questionnaire is based on an original by Marcel Proust. It's very interesting for me that some questions can tell so well our life.
Please, try by yourself.
- What is your most marked characteristic?
- What quality do you most like in a man?
- What quality do you most like in a woman?
R: point of view
- What do you value most in your friends?
R: humanity / ren (仁)
- What is your principal defect?
R: trust the wrong people
- What is your favourite occupation?
R: reading / sex
- What is your dream of happiness?
R: normal life
- What to your mind would be the greatest
R: living without values
- What would you like to be?
- In what country would you like to live?
- What is your favourite colour?
R: black / white
- What is your favourite flower?
- What is your favourite bird?
- Who are your favourite prose writers?
R: Marguerite Yourcenar, Umberto Eco, Italo Calvino, Nicolaj Gogol, ...
- Who are your favourite poets?
R: Emily Dickinson, Tang period poets (李白), Saffo, Pessoa, Catullo, Valerio Magrelli, Borges, ...
- Who are your favourite fictional heros?
R: Sam (in the movie of Woody Allen “Do it again Sam”)
- Who are your favourite fictional heroines?
- Who are your favourite composers?
R: Beethoven, Bach, Bijork, David Byrne
- Who are your favourite painters?
R: Leonardo, Caravaggio, Alberto Burri, Bruce Nauman, Degas
- Who are your heroes in real life?
R: my mother
- Who are your favourite heroines of history?
Joan of Arch
- What are your favourite names?
R: Giulia, chiara, Margherita
- What do you most dislike?
stefania / raffaella
- What historical figures do you most despise?
- What event in military history do you most admire?
R: China as a state during Han dynasty, L’impresa dei Mille
- What reform do you most admire?
R: Kongzi anthologies (Confucius)
- What natural gift would you most like to
R: I would like to understand
- How would you like to die?
- What is your present state of mind?
- To what faults do you feel most indulgent?
- What is your motto?
I’ll do it better
profile, chen li 2012 (this photo: courtesy by Margherita Levo Rosenberg)